The department of pediatrics educates students in the M3 and M4 years, as well as residents in the College of Medicine's Family Medicine Residency program. With nearly 40 faculty members, medical students receive a thorough and well-rounded background in the medical care of infants, children and adolescents.
The department of pediatrics strives to acquaint medical students with those principles of medicine that are best illustrated in pediatrics. The following objectives guide the department and its faculty in its mission:
- To teach students and residents the art and science of the care of infants, children and adolescents.
- To provide continuing education to practicing physicians in Rockford and northwest Illinois.
- To promote and sponsor scientific research and scholarly efforts in healthcare delivery to infants, children and adolescents.
- To promote service to the community, to health care institutions and to the University.
- To deliver and promote model care to the infants, children and adolescents living in northwest Illinois.
Head, Department of Pediatrics
David Deutsch, MD
2350 N. Rockton Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107