The F.W. Shappert University Primary Care Clinic at Belvidere is a comprehensive family medicine teaching facility associated with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford.
The clinic is staffed with board-certified faculty physicians, nurse practitioners (NP) and a PharmD. Medical students, NP students and PharmD students participate in the provision of patient care, with the guidance of faculty physicians and nurse practitioners. Our staff speaks Spanish and Thai.
We proudly offer university-level:
- General wellness, acute and chronic care for all ages
- Women’s health, including OB, endometrial biopsies, colposcopies, contraceptive management, preventive and prenatal care
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Joint injections
- Toenail removal
- Minor wound care
- On-site lab, x-ray and EKG
- Mole and wart removal
- School, sports and employment physicals
Hours of Operation
The clinic is open Monday from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - noon.
The College of Medicine at Rockford enjoys solid relationships with Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center. Please check with the clinic to confirm that your provider is privileged at the hospital of your choice.