For all information concerning submission and protocol review, please use the College’s intranet services.
All new investigators get initial training from the laboratory animal care supervisor who can be reached at 815.395.5796.
Supplemental educational training may also be conducted through the online training resource developed by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. This training is found on the UIC Learning Management System. To receive CE credit for these training modules from HSPP, please email a copy of the certificate to the Office for the Protection of Research Subjects AND Patrick McIntyre at the COM-R. In addition, animal specie specific supplemental training modules may be accessed at:
Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI)
The CITI web-based training course is a collaborative effort between multiple institutions. It is hosted by the University of Miami.
- Go to www.citiprogram.org and select "Register for the CITI Course."
- Under "All Others" select: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford.
- Register for CITI by establishing your unique username and password.
- Enter your demographic information.
- After you submit your demographic information, you will be asked to select the focus of your research.
- If your research focuses mainly in the behavioral or social sciences, you should choose the Social/Behavioral modules (SBR).
- If your research focuses mainly in the biomedical or biological sciences, you should choose the Biomedical modules (Biomed).
For assistance please contact Research Support Services at (815) 395-5942.