Study Room Usage & Policies
Students Must Reserve Study Rooms
All study rooms require an appointment for usage regardless of whether they are in demand.
Medicine, MBT and Pharmacy students may reserve a study room for individual or group use during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-midnight
- Saturday: 8 a.m.-midnight
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-midnight
How to reserve study rooms:
Reserve a study room using one of two ways:
- Pre-reserve a room up to one week in advance by emailing desired date and time to [email protected] between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Mon.-Fri. (and before 5 p.m. on Friday for weekend reservations) or
- Make a same-day reservation by stopping by the front desk for an unreserved study room.
No squatters — make a reservation ahead of time or make a same-day reservation at the Front Desk.
- Rooms are cleaned between users, so the front desk staff needs to know which rooms are being used.
- Anyone using a study room without an appointment, also known as a “squatter,” will be asked to move and will have to wait for the front desk to assign them to whatever is open at the next scheduled time.
- Just because a room is empty does not mean it is available. Rooms have staggered start and end times that the front desk or security guard on duty assigns. Nobody wants to kick out a “squatter” from a room they reserved.
- Squatting in an open room creates conflicts and throws off reservation start times. Go to the front desk to see what is open in-person for the same day.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are room reservation emails answered?
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Outside of these hours, emails will be opened and answered on the next business day.)
Who answers emails?
Study room emails are answered by a team. Please send email requests to [email protected] at all times.
- Do not just individually email one staff member who emailed you last. Duties are split between multiple people working two different shifts.
- This is the only way to assure that all approvers are able to open the request and answer the request when the others are not on duty.
What is needed in emailed requests?
We need exact beginning and end times to make a reservation.
Example: “I need a study room on x/x date from __am -__pm.”
Can I just email the last person who answered my request every time?
Can I make night reservations?
Night reservations can be booked in advance and must be made before 5 p.m. Monday-Friday to be processed. Reservations after that time can be booked with the security guard on duty, but you must already be in the building before 5 p.m. to make a reservation.
Can I make weekend reservations?
Reservations in advance must be made before 5 p.m. Friday to be processed. Reservations placed after 5 p.m. can be booked with the security guard on duty.
Can I just walk in and make a reservation?
Walk-in reservations are for the same day only and are placed with either the Front Desk staff or security guard. Reservations in advance must email [email protected].
Can I make group reservations?
We can hold group reservations but need to know the name of every party that will attend. You cannot add people without letting the front desk know and document it.
Which study rooms have whiteboards?
E201, E203, A126 & A130