COVID-19 Saliva Testing for Campus Community
COVID-19 Saliva Testing for Students, Staff and Faculty at the UIC Health Sciences Campus-Rockford
UIC has expanded saliva-based testing to include the Rockford campus. Free testing for students, staff and faculty will be offered on Friday, December 18, 2020, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Appointments are preferred and may be scheduled online in advance. Walk-ins are welcome and will be first-come, first-served based on availability around existing appointments.
This testing is for those who are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
The best methods to prevent transmission of COVID-19 are wearing a face covering, practicing social distancing, frequent hand washing and staying home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. In addition to these basic prevention measures, effective testing and contact tracing programs are essential parts of UIC’s efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19 among our campus community.
Even if you are young or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for yourself and others. So, it is critical that we all do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
BEFORE THE TEST
PRINT, complete and bring this Screening Form with you: https://rockford.medicine.uic.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2020/12/Saliva-Test-Registration-Form-UIC-COM-Rockford.pdf
- Testing is free to all UIC students and staff.
- Be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19. If you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 please seek care from a medical provider. You will not be allowed to test if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Bring a valid i-card to the testing site. It will need to be shown to be tested. Visitor cards are not accepted.
- Refrain from eating, drinking, brushing teeth, using mouth wash, chewing gum, and using tobacco for 30 minutes before submitting a saliva sample. Do not wear lipstick, lip gloss or other lip balms.
- While lining up outside the testing location, you must wear a face covering and practice social distancing of six feet while in line.
- Wellness and temperature screening will be conducted at the entrance.
- No food or drink allowed in the testing site. Leave it in your car.
- Should a student be unable to independently conduct the saliva testing due to mobility, ambulatory, or other disability, it is advised that the student contact the Disability Resource Center at email@example.com or 312-996-8332 at least two days prior to the testing date.
- Should an employee be unable to independently conduct the saliva testing due to mobility, ambulatory, or other disability, it is advised that the employee contact the Office for Access and Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-996-0512 at least two days prior to the testing date.
To access the testing on Friday morning, enter the campus via the Pelham entrance, park in the South Parking Lot and enter the building through the south entrance (the student/employee entrance in the brick building by the flag pole that leads to the Commons). You will be temperature and symptom screened before entering.
Note: This testing is separate from the drive-through Illinois Department of Public Health COVID-19 Testing offered in the North Parking Lot tents.
Additional COVID-19 saliva testing will be available after the winter break.