Typical Daily Schedule
While the fellow is expected to work hard when on duty, we value and encourage a healthy work/life balance. The fellow normally works varied but not excessive hours from Monday to Friday. The fellow is encouraged to enjoy the 3 weeks’ vacation and many evenings and weekends off enjoying the region and/ or traveling.
Suggested Rotation Schedule
(note there is some flexibility based on individual interests and goals):
- Inpatient and Home Hospice: two 4-week rotations, including some home palliative care.
- Interventional and Chronic Pain Management: 2-week rotation
- Oncology/Radiation Oncology: two 4-week rotations
- Weekly Longitudinal Outpatient Palliative Medicine Clinic: based in both SwedishAmerican Health System services and Monroe Clinic services through the year.
- Dedicated Research Time: 80-160 hours of work time through the year is dedicated to research project, with submission for publication generally expected by year end.
- Conferences: Education is done in a wide range of formal and informal settings. This includes weekly didactics, journal rounds, clinical and non-clinical teachings, and more. Expect to be an active participant and teacher!