How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to the University of Illinois College of Medicine Rockford Family Medicine Residency Program.
All applications to the program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline is December 2; however, early submission is encouraged.
- Medical school graduation within one year of start date or recent clinical activity in the practice of medicine
- US clinical experience other than research for foreign medical graduates
- Maximum of one failure on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 or Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK)
- No failures on USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from US physicians
These criteria are simply the requirements needed for your application to be reviewed; they do not guarantee an interview. Interviews will be granted upon further review of the application and all of its contents.
We will contact you if we wish to schedule an interview. Interviews will take place from late October through January. We also sponsor J1 and H1-B visas.
University of Illinois College of Medicine Rockford
Family Medicine Residency Program
1221 East State Street
Rockford, IL 61104
Phone: (815) 972-1037
Fax: (815) 972-1092