The Master of Science in Medical Biotechnology Program concentrates on biological processes, technologies and skill sets used in the research and development of pharmaceutical products, vaccines and devices for the medical industry, preparing students for a wide variety of research areas and career opportunities.
Drug Discovery & Development · Vaccines · Helminth Therapy · Cancer Research-Prostate, Lung, Skin & Breast · Stem Cells · Medical Devices/Implants · Immunotherapy · Metabolic Diseases-Diabetes, Atherosclerosis, Obesity
Possible Career Paths:
- Pharmaceutical/Scientific Industries, e.g., Abbvie, ThermoFisher Scientific, Takeda
- Biotech Start-Ups, e.g., Intellia Therapeutics, Inc., Enanta Pharmaceuticals
- Academic Institutions, e.g., University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Northwestern University
- Hospitals, e.g., Massachusetts General Hospital
- Research Centers, e.g., Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center