All students must fill out this form prior to their shadowing experience: https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3QpbcCNHrXRDrUi. Please bookmark the page if you plan on shadowing regularly. As you consider shadowing please keep the following in mind:
- Students must fill out the form in order to have the shadowing experience recognized as part of the UICOM curriculum.
- Students may only shadow with UICOM faculty members.
- While shadowing an M1/M2 student may speak with/interview a patient and perform a physical exam if they are under the supervision of an attending or resident assigned to them by the supervising attending.
- Shadowing students, regardless of year, are not allowed to perform invasive procedures and/or surgery.
- Shadowing students must tell the faculty they are shadowing with to inform the clinic director of their shadowing plans to ensure space, PPE, and other clinic considerations (e.g. credentialing, background checks, etc.) are met prior to the shadow experience.
Please feel free to reach out to Dean Blevins or Dean Richards with any questions.