Office of Student Affairs
The mission of the Office of Student Affairs at the College of Medicine Rockford is to help students succeed in attaining their academic, career and personal goals. We achieve this mission by striving to provide exemplary student services, resources, guidance and advocacy while addressing students’ diverse backgrounds and needs. In partnership with undergraduate medical education leaders and others, we help create a supportive, welcoming, nurturing, enriching, challenging and inclusive environment in which students are empowered to express their perspectives.
Our dedicated staff in the Office of Student Affairs provides resources and information to help students succeed, including information about housing, academic support services, career development, community service activities, licensure exams and resources, and residency applications and matching.
The Office of Student Affairs in Rockford facilitates a wide range of co-curricular support services for students including:
- Scholarship and grant resources
- Career and specialty planning
- Academic Advising
- Certifications and verification of education
- Community service support
- Site Registrar and Financial aid liaison
- Healthcare and wellness services
- Fitness services
- Orientation and white coat ceremony
- Personal counseling services
- Social events and activities
- Travel Funding for Educational Activities
- Student government
- Student interest groups
- Student facilities and amenities (study rooms, lounges, lockers, white coats, etc.)
Students are encouraged to contact the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs with any questions or concerns.