Pregnancy Services at UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center
When you choose the UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center for your pregnancy care, you have access to a health care team that includes resident physicians, attending physicians, an obstetrics (OB) care coordinator and other staff members who will help take care of you throughout your pregnancy.
Our OB care coordinator is here to:
- help you get the pregnancy care services you need started as soon as you suspect you are pregnant
- be your contact person for questions
- support you through your pregnancy and for six weeks after delivery as part of your health care team
What you can expect at your first visit
Your first appointment with the OB care coordinator will last about an hour. This appointment is usually scheduled when you are between eight and 10 weeks along in your pregnancy. During this visit, we will:
- discuss what to expect during your pregnancy
- get your medical history
- have blood drawn for testing
- have the first ultrasound (if you have not already had one), which is a traditional 2D ultrasound
- answer your questions.
Health care during pregnancy
You will see a physician at the UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center about every four weeks until you are 28 weeks along in your pregnancy. After 28 weeks, you’ll have appointments every two weeks until 36 weeks. After 36 weeks, you’ll have weekly appointments.
During your appointments, you may have some testing right at the UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center, including:
- 3D ultrasound
- non-stress test, which is a common prenatal test to check the baby’s heart rate (if needed)
- laboratory testing through the UI Health Laboratory.
Delivering your baby
Our UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center moms typically deliver their babies at the nearby SwedishAmerican Hospital. Here you’ll have:
- a beautiful, new mother/baby unit
- a UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center physician on your health care team right there with you to deliver your baby
- a special care nursery for babies needing extra support.
We are here for you
We want you to have a great experience. A member of the health care team is always available for you. Our OB care coordinator’s office is open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., though appointments with your physician may be scheduled during regular UI Health L.P. Johnson Family Health Center hours. If you need help after hours, call our office at (815) 972-1000. Our answering service will connect you to a doctor.