National Center for Rural Health Professions (NCRHP)
The NCRHP’s mission is to promote the health of rural communities through partnerships in education, service, research and policy.
Our goals are to:
- Promote careers in rural health professions.
- Develop and implement interdisciplinary teaching models to prepare health professionals for rural practice.
- Recruit students from rural and under-represented minority populations.
- Impact the rural health workforce through retention of rural health professions graduates.
- Enhance community capacity building to address health needs for individuals and communities.
- Identify, reduce and eliminate rural health disparities.
- Enhance faculty research to promote quality programs and services for rural populations.
- Prepare fellows and graduate students in research and health professions, emphasizing rural needs and issues.
- Inform policy and influence decision making on allocation and distribution of rural resources.
- Learn about and develop experiences and models of healthcare relating to the international community.