Master of Science in Medical Biotechnology Program
Connect with us on Facebook!
The Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Rockford offers the Master of Science in Medical Biotechnology Program, which concentrates on biological processes, technologies and skill sets used in the research and development of pharmaceutical products, vaccines and devices for the medical industry.
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of cellular and molecular biology, protein biochemistry and immunology necessary for professional practice in the field of medical biotechnology.
- Understanding of the use and application of relevant analytical techniques within the field of medical biotechnology.
- Training with the planning, execution and communication skills necessary to successfully conduct research and development in medical biotechnology.
- An understanding of basic project management and product development practices along with the regulatory structures that impact R&D in biotechnology.
- Enhanced skills in effective interpersonal and professional communication, both oral and written.
- Increased awareness of professional, ethical and social responsibilities with relationship to medical biotechnology.