Impact Your Alma Mater – Volunteer!
Alumni of the College of Medicine Rockford play an important role in educating the next generation of medical students. Through volunteer faculty appointments, mentoring opportunities, networking events and other volunteer opportunities, UICOMR alumni can impact today’s medical students in positive ways.
Interact with Medical Students Heading link
If a faculty appointment isn’t what you are looking for, but you’d be willing to help medical students in other ways, opportunities exist for you to make an impact on the medical student experience, including
- Attending a student specialty interest group meeting on campus
- Hosting a dinner for students to share insight about your specialty
- Giving an informational presentation or lecture on your area of expertise or interest
- Participating in admissions interviews for the incoming class of medical students
- Acting as a mentor to students in programs such as Urban Health Pipeline, Latino Medical Student Association, Rural Medicine Program, American Medical Women’s Association and others
- Attending networking events on campus and in the community
- Presenting health information or programs through Student Health to medical students
- Supporting programs that assist students through scholarships, awards and recognition
- Giving us your idea of how your time and talent could enhance the medical student experience
For more information about these opportunities, contact:
Martha Kelly Bates, Senior Director of Alumni Engagement, at email@example.com.
Be a Reunion Volunteer Heading link
Peer-to-peer outreach is the most effective tool for creating well-attended and enjoyable class reunions. To connect with as many alumni as possible, we are seeking volunteers who can help strengthen this outreach by doing any of the following:
- Make personal phone calls and send emails to classmates
- Connect with classmates through social media
- Share contact information of classmates with whom the College has lost touch
- Provide insight on how to make your reunion celebration memorable
Being a class volunteer requires some time and effort, but we will equip you with the tools and support to make this process easy and fun. We provide class lists, contact information and email templates. You will truly help build excitement around this milestone, renew connections and create an experience that you and your classmates will remember!
If you are interested in becoming a reunion class volunteer, please contact Martha Kelly Bates, Senior Director of Alumni Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.