Ten UICOMR medical students were recently inducted into the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Gold Humanism Honor Society. Members are peer-nominated and recognized for being excellent at the science of medicine and displaying the values of empathy and compassion in the way that they treat and communicate with their patients.
During their induction ceremony, led by Errol Baptist, MD, the students recited the Gold Humanism Honor Society Oath:
I pledge by all that I hold dear as a Physician:
- I will Care for my patients with Compassion, Respect, Empathy, Integrity and Clinical Excellence;
- I will Listen to my patients with my whole being;
- I will Advocate for each patient as a unique individual;
- I will Serve as a role model and mentor to promote humanism in health care;
- I will Remember always the healing power of acts of caring;
- I will Dedicate myself to joining with others to make health care optimal for all.
Congratulations to these exemplars of compassionate patient care who will serve as role models, mentors and leaders in medicine.