Student Health Services Fee
As part of your tuition and fees each semester, you are charged a mandatory Student Health Services Fee. The fee covers a limited set of health services that are offered at no additional cost for UIC Rockford students enrolled in classes. It also covers general operating costs for campus health service providers and wellness activities.
To receive the student health services and counseling services, you must be a registered student who has paid the student health services fee. This fee is automatically assessed on your student bill.
Using the funds collected from the Student Health Services Fee and insurance reimbursements, the following services are generally covered for all students who access services through approved UIC providers (subject to change):
- Routine office visits for common acute illnesses and injuries (e.g. strep throat, sprained ankle, missed period, UTI, etc.)
- Testing for select sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and HIV only)
- Age-appropriate preventive services (annual wellness visits)
- Preventive gynecologic care, including screening pap smears (the cost of the pap itself is billed to the student’s insurance)
- Blood pressure check, cholesterol screening
- Routine office-based laboratory tests: urine dip, pregnancy test, rapid strep
- Visits to review your immunizations (the cost of the immunizations are not covered)
- Health advice and health counseling
The following medical services are NOT covered:
- Immunizations (Except tetanus booster for injuries)
- Care of ongoing chronic diseases (i.e. hypertension, diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Care provided by providers or clinics other than Student Health and Wellness
- Care provided by systems or clinics outside of Student Health and Wellness
- Laboratory testing not listed above
SHSF covered service in Rockford:
UIC Student Health and Wellness
Student Health and Wellness
UIC Health Sciences Campus-Rockford
North Building- First Floor Room N115
1601 Parkview Ave.
Rockford, IL 61107
Monday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Phone: (815) 395-5870
Primary site for ALL UIC Health Sciences Campus-Rockford Students