MD Student Life
Full of culture and diversity, arts and education, Rockford is conveniently located to Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago. Home to over 150,000 residents, Rockford is the third largest city in Illinois and is an ideal environment for individuals looking for big city amenities enriched with small town values.
An Affordable, Livable Community
The Rock River travels through the city’s center. Residents enjoy the many tree-lined streets, the attractive shopping options, award-winning restaurants and an array of entertainment venues for all ages. Rockford prides itself on the vast collection of theaters, museums, educational institutions, cultural events and rich history. Visitors will find affordable living in a welcoming community, and Rockford’s diverse offerings have attracted everything from Fortune 500 companies to new families looking to make this community their home.
- Nicknamed “The Forest City,” Rockford boasts more than 10,000 acres of parks and forest preserves, adventure trails and nationally recognized public gardens. Residents are often found camping, hiking, biking and canoeing, or enjoying one of the city’s many golf courses.
- Sports fans will be happy to note that Rockford is a nationally acclaimed Sports Illustrated “Sports Town USA.”
- Rockford is home to a variety of museums, theaters, parks and historic sites. From the Burpee Museum, home of Jane
- the most complete juvenile T-Rex in the world
- to the Starlight Theater, an Architectural Digest award winner, Rockford is full of cultural attractions for all interests.