Wellness Heading link
The Department of Family and Community Medicine leadership team located at UIC Health Sciences Campus-Rockford and Mile Square Health Center-L.P. Johnson Rockford, make wellness in our department and residency program a top priority. Given our department mission to serve the community through exceptional, high-quality patient care, we understand the value of workforce well-being. We are committed to providing a work environment conducive to a healthy work-life balance, including avoidance of burnout. Employee Health Services can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University provides generous paid time off and family leave policies. Additional wellness resources are listed below.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides valuable resources for support and information during difficult times. The EAP is a free, voluntary, and confidential program, that provides problem identification, counseling, and referral services for employees and their covered dependent(s) regardless of the health plan chosen.
- UHS Fit for Duty — Located in Chicago, the University Health Service Department provides “fitness for duty” assessments. One can schedule an appointment for evaluation of fitness for duty by calling 312-996-6505.
- UIC Mental Health and Self-Care
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline — 800-273-8255
- Northern Illinois 24-hour Crisis hotline — 815-233-4357
- Lifeline 24/7 Chat
- The Crisis Text Line 24/7 — Text “home” to 741741
- 988 The New Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Physician Support Line 888-409-0141